Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Jl. Galuh, Pekutatan, Kabupaten Jembrana, Bali 82262, Indonesia
Surfing has a long and captivating history in Bali, dating back to 1936 when Bob Koke began surfing off Kuta beach on a handmade teak surfboard. Since the 1960s there has been a pretty much constant stream of surfers coming to Bali to ride some of...
Si Phraya, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
After eating amazing dish after amazing dish, I knew I wanted to leave Thailand knowing how to bring some of the flavors I'd experienced into my own kitchen. Silom Thai Cooking School was the perfect place to do that. Gung, our teacher, was...
Mueang Kao, Mueang Sukhothai District, Sukhothai 64210, Thailand
My favorite place in Thailand is Sukhothai – the first capital of Thailand. It’s a photographer’s dream and a great stopover en route to Chiang Mai. After rising to power in the mid-13th century, the kingdom spanned 200 years and nine kings before...
Ko Wua Ta Lap, Ang Thong, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand
Climbing to the top of Mue Koh for a bird's eye view of Angthong Marine National Park near Ko Samui, Thailand really makes you feel "on top of the world". There are several tour operators on Ko Samui that offer day tours to the park that include...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village