Collected by Patricia Morales
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Adult summer camp – or a young person's retirement community, any way you cut it, Maderas Village offers a genuine experience in the art of relaxation. The sustainable community is built into the hillside of the lush jungle, overlooking Playa...
Col Satelite, La Ceiba, Honduras
Peaceful, serene getaway in the jungly mountains that border La Ceiba. Most people pass through this town en route to the Bay Islands but this hideaway is worth a night or two as is the rafting on the Rio Congrejal or the horseback riding. Oh, and...
Osa Peninsula, Puerto Jiménez, Costa Rica
The Osa Peninsula is a place like any other in Costa Rica; it is a place where time stands still and all your worries melt away. Blue Osa is the perfect place to let them melt, and to let yourself fully relax, while swinging in a personal hammock...
Provincia de Puntarenas, Pavones, Costa Rica
I volunteered here for almost a month and had an amazing time. You can also just stay as a guest, but staying a little longer to participate with other volunteers made for an incredibly rewarding experience. Described as a "rustic yoga center and...
308 Morningside Rd, Edinburgh EH10 4QH, UK
The clothing and gifts here are all fair trade. Most come from cooperatives in India and Africa. —Gaynor Salisbury 308 Morningside Rd. 44/(0) 131-447-1040. This story appeared in the November/December 2010 issue. See all of Gaynor...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna