Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Lungarno degli Acciaiuoli, 4, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
This boutique stay from the Ferragamo family-owned Lungarno Collection of hotels and charter yachts opened in May 2014. It brings highly personalized service and 34 pied-a-terre-like suites designed in glam 1950s style to the north end of Ponte...
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
The Baths of Caracalla, a third century bathing complex located near the Circus Maximus, was the center of social life for tens of thousands of Romans who would gather there—around 10,000 at a time—to exercise, bathe, and relax. Admission was...
Piazza del Popolo, Roma RM, Italy
A stunning piazza with the 3 boulevards of the il Tridente converging at the Obelisk and 2 cathedrals. A more grand example of urbanism you'll be hard put to find, anywhere in the world. From here, shopping (till you drop) and eating like there's...
Largo di Villa Peretti, 2, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now