Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Mann, Iowa City, IA, USA
Architect Frank Gehry designed this building, which houses the Iowa Advanced Technologies Laboratory at the University of Iowa. The river walk here is simple, but relaxing, with a constant small stream of college students going to and from classes...
100 W 14th Ave Pkwy, Denver, CO 80204, USA
One of the highlights of Denver is the Daniel Liebeskind-designed addition to the Denver Art Museum juxtaposed next to the Michael Graves-designed Denver Public Library. Circle the two properties if you have time—new vistas will reveal...
1060 Dunaweal Ln, Calistoga, CA 94515, USA
Playful art and sculptures are the centerpiece of the winery, Clos Pegase. A collection of sculptures by famous 20th-century artists greets visitors outside, and the collection continues in the courtyard and tasting room. The owner, Jan Shrem,...
Seattle, WA, USA
One of Seattle's landmark buildings, the downtown public library is a dramatically asymmetrical, 11 story glass-and-steel 'sculpture' that takes up an entire city block. Designed by Dutch architect Rem Koolhaas, the interior features a continuous...
8th St NW & F St NW, Washington, DC 20001, USA
An undulating steel and glass canopy wows visitors who enter the Kogod Courtyard. Inside you'll find diners from the museum's café, tourists soaking their weary feet in the shallow fountain running across the space, and students taking advantage...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign