Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Bærums Verk, Norway
This former ironworks, located west of Oslo, is now a charming little village that still retains the air from its bygone days. Picturesque cottages that used to house workers now house cafés, galleries, and museums, and the foundry itself poses as...
Ullevål Hageby, Oslo, Norway
Ullevål Hageby is a residential area in Oslo with a historic air. Nouveau Baroque houses are nestled around a pond known as Damplassen, where you'll find small shops and a lovely bakery, usually full of yummy mummies. The idea of a 'hageby' – a...
My husband says I can find a place to shop anywhere. Sure enough, in the fishing village of twenty permanent residents on the tiny island of Ona, Norway, I managed a purchase from one of only two shops - both pottery studios. On a whim, we had...
Brynjulf Bulls plass 1, 0250 Oslo, Norway
The Nobel Peace Center was opened in 2005 and is absolutely fascinating…and very humbling. It was established by Alfred Nobel (who was Swedish) in his will. He gave no reason for this but some feel it was to assuage his guilt over being the...
Kirkeveien, 0268 Oslo, Norway
When I visited Vigeland Park on a beautiful sunny day last August I simply couldn't believe my eyes. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life. Absolutely breathtaking... I spent hours there wandering around the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles