Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Bærums Verk, Norway
This former ironworks, located west of Oslo, is now a charming little village that still retains the air from its bygone days. Picturesque cottages that used to house workers now house cafés, galleries, and museums, and the foundry itself poses as...
Ullevål Hageby, Oslo, Norway
Ullevål Hageby is a residential area in Oslo with a historic air. Nouveau Baroque houses are nestled around a pond known as Damplassen, where you'll find small shops and a lovely bakery, usually full of yummy mummies. The idea of a 'hageby' – a...
My husband says I can find a place to shop anywhere. Sure enough, in the fishing village of twenty permanent residents on the tiny island of Ona, Norway, I managed a purchase from one of only two shops - both pottery studios. On a whim, we had...
Brynjulf Bulls plass 1, 0250 Oslo, Norway
The Nobel Peace Center was opened in 2005 and is absolutely fascinating…and very humbling. It was established by Alfred Nobel (who was Swedish) in his will. He gave no reason for this but some feel it was to assuage his guilt over being the...
Kirkeveien, 0268 Oslo, Norway
When I visited Vigeland Park on a beautiful sunny day last August I simply couldn't believe my eyes. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life. Absolutely breathtaking... I spent hours there wandering around the...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked