Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Ios Island Main Village,Greece Cyclades, Ios 840 01, Greece
These windmills were actually places that you could stay. I loved how they added something different to the caldera. At sunset, they became colorful. But, I was drawn to the abstract shape of the wooden arms of the windmill against the post sunset...
Mikonos 846 00, Greece
From the outside, San Giorgio looks like one of Greece’s ubiquitous whitewashed homes. Inside, traditional Greek textiles and locally made furniture adorn the 33 unfussy rooms. Most feature rough-hewn wooden dressers, large circular jute...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now