Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Last summer, Tim and Kathy Turner took a break from the Mont Blanc hiking circuit for a night at Refuge des Mottets, a French backcountry lodge decorated with cowbells and old iron cookware. The Turners, from the United States, were the only...
Amankila, Manggis, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali, Indonesia
Sayan, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia
The Four Seasons Resort at Sayan is a tropical paradise shrouded in giant palms and ferns, set along the sacred Ayung River. Guests descend to the bedrooms of their teakwood villas from lily ponds, and possible views include rice terraces and...
Jl. Bisma, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
A small group of boutique hotels in and around the arts enclave of Ubud, Komaneka Resorts was founded to celebrate Indonesian and Balinese art. Komaneka at Bisma, nestled into the jungle near the center of Ubud, is more minimalist than some of the...
Jl. Raya Nusa Dua Selatan, Kawasan Sawangan, Nusa Dua, Benoa, Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80363, Indonesia
This sprawling resort features three luxury properties on one Nusa Dua site—the Mulia, the Mulia Resort, and the top-tier Mulia Villas. Choose a full board or half board package to get an all-inclusive experience reminiscent of Cancun,...
xã Ba, Đông Giang, Quảng Nam, Vietnam
Pedal past rice paddies, lotus ponds, and Khmer temples in the Mekong Delta on a SpiceRoads bicycle tour. The company offers 13 cycling journeys around Vietnam, from a one-day meander through the villages that surround Hanoi to a 10-day, 329-mile...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village