Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico
What combats humidity and sweltering air that feels like it's being expelled from a jet engine? Paletas! At less than a dollar and in a range of bright juicy flavors, these little Mexican popsicles offer a melty respite from the summer heat. Try...
Xpu Ha, Q.R., Mexico
I can't help it. I am drawn to Mexico's seedier side. This little chicken shack, boarded up now, sells a whole chicken slow grilled, a giant stack of tortillas, rice, beans, coleslaw, and habanero sauce...enough to feed four people...for 80 pesos....
Av Chemuyil Mz 26 Smz 70 Lt 3 Quintana Roo, La Toscana, 77725 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
A dilapidated warehouse, cobalt blue on the outside, draws me in. It doesn't look promising, paint peeling and in need of repair, but I have learned never to judge a book by its cover here in Mexico. I walk from bright sunlight into cool shade,...
Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Just when it seemed like the Riviera Maya Riviera had become nothing but a sea of all-inclusive beach resorts, you stumble upon the quaint little Mexican village of Puerto Morelos. There are almost no huge developments, no shopping outlets, and no...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local