Collected by AFAR Explorer
AFAR Explorer′s Wishlist
Strand, London WC2R 0EZ, UK
Having built the Savoy Theatre, English agent Richard D’Oyly Carte opened a nearby hotel in 1889 to accommodate wealthy American patrons who came to see the venue’s celebrated Gilbert & Sullivan operas. In years since, the hotel...
Tržiště 9, 118 00 Praha 1-Malá Strana, Czechia
Prague’s deep-rooted, centuries-old relationship with music – surviving both occupation by the Germans then the Communists – is reflected Aria Hotel Prague, where all of the 51 rooms are named after famous composers or musicians,...
Ul. Pera Čingrije 7, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
We were in awe when we looked off our balcony at Hotel Bellevue in Dubrovnik, Croatia...and saw this! The clean, clear waters of the Adriatic and Miramar Bay are mesmerizing and just the right temperature to cool you off after a day of...
Merrion Street Upper, Dublin 2, Ireland
A Georgian grand dame just off St. Stephens Green in downtown Dublin, the Merrion has been around in one form or another since 1760, when it was a set of four stately homes owned by English nobility. Today, it is elegance incarnate. An excellent...
A rainbow of colors inspired by Arizona wildflowers brightens the new Saguaro hotel. Here, 194 rooms wrap around two pools: one for fun, the other for quiet (and outdoor yoga classes on the deck). At Distrito restaurant, Iron Chef Jose Garces...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles