Collected by Jules Gilbert
490 Union St, Pasadena, CA 91101, USA
108 E San Antonio St, Marfa, TX 79843, USA
A new addition to the art hub in the middle of nowhere, Marfa Contemporary occupies a former gas station. Expect to see cutting-edge works by regional and international artists. This appeared in the March/April 2013 issue.
279 Montauk Hwy, Water Mill, NY 11976, USA
This museum, founded in 1898, opened its new space last November. It collects works by artists who have called Eastern Long Island home, including Jackson Pollock and Chuck Close. This appeared in the March/April 2013 issue.
11400 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Cleveland’s new jewel shimmers and reflects the neighborhood. Katharina Grosse is the first artist to get to use the atrium as her canvas, spraying it with purple, orange, and yellow acrylic paints. This appeared in the March/April 2013 issue.
700 W Main St, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
This boutique hotel doubles as a contemporary art museum. Founders Laura Lee Brown and Steve Wilson wanted somewhere to store their growing art collection while helping revitalize downtown Louisville, so they opened a hotel with rotating public...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter