Adventure Options on Oahu
Collected by Andrea Rip , AFAR Local Expert
Tropical breezes and rugged volcanic landscapes entice thrill-seekers to Oahu. All island adventures are within two hours of Honolulu (in poor traffic), making it easy to pick one or two each day.
49-560 Kamehameha Hwy, Kaneohe, HI 96744, USA
Why would a local visit a tourist attraction? Because Kualoa is a beautiful escape and a place to appreciate Hawaiian culture. Building sprees that began in the early 1900s spread across Hawaii with no concern for desecrating places of cultural...
Honolulu, HI, USA
There's a certain kind of peace that one feels when basking in the Waikiki sun. You go there, banana daiquiri on one hand, and a trusty old camera on the other. You capture the moment and say to yourself, "ahh...this is paradise."
Maunawili, HI 96734, USA
Eons of running water are responsible for Hawaii’s escarpments and canyons. After a rainfall, innocuous streams, pools, and waterfalls can swell to impressive sizes. For an easy hike, walk along the Maunawili Falls trail on Oahu to glimpse the...
- 1 Outdoor Adventure Walk Among the Treetops on the New Redwood Sky Walk
- 2 Tips + News U.S. to Keep International Travel Bans in Place Amid Variant Concerns
- 3 World Heritage UNESCO Adds 33 New Sites to Its 2021 World Heritage List
- 4 Air Travel Can America’s Airports Come Back Better?
- 5 COVID + Travel Ireland Has Reopened to U.S. Travelers—Here’s Everything You Need to Know About Visiting