Collected by Brianna Simmons, AFAR Local Expert
Thar Desert, Rajasthan
So long as you don't mind a little bit of sand in your knickers, a night in the Thar Desert under a star lit sky is an experience unlike anything you've experienced in your entire life. We rode out into the desert on ill-tempered camels, bouncing...
Miniloc Island, Bayan ng El Nido, 5313 Palawan, Philippines
Imagine hundreds of tiny islands, coral reefs, limestone cliffs, turquoise water, white sand beaches, and hidden lagoons. Basically imagine a tropical paradise and you have the Bacuit Archipelago surrounding El Nido on the island of Palawan in the...
Tucked away inside Taman Negara National Park, in the far reaches of Malaysia, you will find the world's longest canopy walk. Originally built for researchers, the suspended paths are now open to the public. The walk stretches for 500 meters and...
- 1Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 3Travel NewsAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4Luxury AdventureHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Travel NewsYosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years