Collected by Adam Hawthorne
Adam Hawthorne′s Wishlist
74 Glen Eira Rd, Ripponlea VIC 3185, Australia
Chef Ben Shewry creates locally sourced, Australian dishes with experimental and modernist flair. Try the eight-course tasting menus: one for omnivores (which might include snow crab, whiting, and red kangaroo) and one for vegetarians. This...
45 Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Cumulus, Inc. in Melbourne was, without hesitation, the best dining experience I had while on the continent of Australia. Is it fair to build up a meal so boldly for a restaurant that changes its menu frequently, if not daily? Perhaps not....
21 Bond St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
While the Age Good Food Guide gave it one-hat, and it had been recommended by countless locals, I had yet to experience Maha. Sitting in the chic laneway restaurant near Flinders Street Station, I settled into the comfortable cushions and admired...
Southbank VIC 3006, Australia
This is a fun place to relax, have some beers, and shoot the breeze with friends on a sunny day. It's just south of the Finders St. Station and north of Southgate. We happened to discover it on Christmas Day and enjoyed ourselves immensely with...
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Of all the cities in Australia, Melbourne is the one fussiest with its morning cup of joe. Here are five tried-and-true coffeehouses that have survived the city's critics and can be proudly considered Melbourne’s finest. 1. Brother Baba Budan –...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December