Collected by Meghan Edwards
251-255 Oxford St, Paddington NSW 2021, Australia
Paddington Reservoir Gardens is an award-winning garden transformed from its former life. The reservoir, a source of water for the rapidly growing population of Sydney in the 19th century, has been used in a number of ways including as a garage...
Harbourview Cres, Milsons Point NSW 2061, Australia
North of the harbor on Lavender Bay, Clark Park is an ideal spot for a picnic away from the bustle. On the western end, curious visitors discover the garden Wendy Whiteley created from a landfill. 5- to 10-minute walk from Luna Park. This appeared...
100 Cumberland St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia
Queen Victoria Building, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
The Queen Victoria Building has been central to culture and commerce in Sydney since 1898. Covering a full city block with the Town Hall train station entrance on the ground floor, it’s hard to miss and easy to get to. For a perfect Sunday...
1/85 Dunning Ave, Roseberry NSW 2018, Australia
In a warehouse eatery, chef Mike McEnearney devises a new menu every day based on what he finds at local farmers’ markets. Weekend breakfast might include sourdough pancakes with lemon curd or baked beans with bacon and poached eggs. 85 Dunning...
19 Kent St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia
One of Sydney’s oldest “hotels” (watering holes with rooms), this Rocks favorite was built out of convict-quarried sandstone in the 1830s and ’40s. The Lord Nelson added a brewery in 1987 and now produces English-style...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local