Aalborg See & Do
Collected by Emily Mathieson , AFAR Contributor
Utzon Center, Slotspladsen 4, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
The late Danish architect Jørn Utzon is best known as the man behind the iconic Sydney Opera House. He was also one of Aalborg’s most famous residents, and the Utzon Center, on the revitalized waterfront, is a striking reminder of his talent and...
Kong Christians Alle 50, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
This airy modern-art museum is fresh from a multimillion-dollar renovation that includes a new, factory-like exhibition space, the Black Box, to accompany Alvar Aalto’s all-white galleries. Noteworthy masterpieces, from the likes of Marc Chagall...
Vendilavej 11, 9400 Nørresundby, Denmark
Just outside the city, on the grassy hillocks of Lindholm, sits this well-preserved Viking burial site of 682 graves. There is a museum that explains the history of the Viking settlement in the region, but it is when you walk the site—with its...
Gammeltorv 2, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
The 15th-century old town, with its open squares and buildings that resemble dollhouses, is more than just a pretty photo opportunity. It’s an area full of authentic charms, home to a cathedral, several churches and half-timbered houses. Insiders...
Nyhavnsgade 21, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Not far from the Utzon Center, Musikkens Hus is a major part of the revitalized waterfront promenade. This temple to music houses a world-class concert hall as well as areas for classes and casual impromptu performances. There’s also a modern...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May