A Weekend in Vancouver
Collected by Jeff Bartlett , AFAR Local Expert
845 Avison Way, Vancouver, BC V6G 3E2, Canada
Presiding over Stanley Park, Canada’s largest aquarium houses more than 50,000 creatures, from penguins to sea otters to three-toed sloths. Don’t miss the star turns from the rescued Steller sea lions Izzy and Rogue, who swoop...
Vancouver, BC V6G 3E2, Canada
3735 Capilano Rd, North Vancouver, BC V7R 4J1, Canada
This 27-acre attraction in North Vancouver gets the heart racing with a suspension bridge that bounces 230 feet above a forested river gorge. Even more spectacular, however, is the Cliffwalk, a labyrinth of walkways along the granite flank of the...
1669 Johnston St, Vancouver, BC V6H 3R9, Canada
This former industrial site is a one-stop shopping spot for last-minute souvenirs. Weave in and out of the countless alleys and stalls; among the art galleries, toy shops, crafts stores, farmers market and waterfront restaurants, you’re...
1001 W Cordova St, Vancouver, BC V6C 0B7, Canada
I shouldn't eat ice cream, yet I do. Being lactose intolerant, naturally I was born addicted to ice cream, sorbet, and gelato. I will be bold and say that it is the best gelato in Vancouver if not the country. After all, the owner went to school...
325 Cambie St, Vancouver, BC V6B 2N4, Canada
If you’re a coffee nerd, Revolver is the place to go for personal-size, pour-over coffees brewed from their unique lines of beans. Hang out for a while and you’ll run into everyone who lives at this end of Gastown. (604) 558-4444. As told to...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May