A Spotlight on Serbia
Collected by Tricia A. Mitchell
Karađorđeva 46, Beograd 11000, Serbia
The Savamala district was previously abandoned, but today its once-dilapidated warehouses are being transformed into forward-thinking cultural centers, art galleries, bars, and clubs. It’s a great example of neighborhood revitalization and...
44 ЈOVANA MIKICA, 24000, Subotica, Severno-backi county, Subotica 24000, Serbia
Situated in northern Serbia, the city of Subotica is like a treasure box overflowing with Art Nouveau gems. Most of the buildings were constructed in the early 20th Century, when Serbia and neighboring Hungary were part of the Austrian-Hungarian...
Mali Kalemegdan bb Mali Kalemegdan bb, Beograd, Serbia
Kalemegdan park/Belgrade Fortress might be one of the coolest parks I've been in. A fortified city dating back to the first century AD, where it served as a Roman military camp. With the assistance of our friend Milos, we filmed an impromptu music...
Beogradska, Petrovaradin 21131, Serbia
Like most post-socialist states, Serbia is very centralized. Mostly everything has been consolidated in its capital, Belgrade. There is a smaller city, however, right outside of Belgrade, with a slower pace of life and a younger university...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now