A New Hawaii Experience at Mauna Kea Beach Hotel
The crown jewel of the Big Island’s glistening northwestern coast, Mauna Kea celebrated half a century in 2015. The palm-fringed resort underwent a $150 million facelift eight years ago that yielded a lobby decked with sculptures from founder Laurance Rockefeller’s collection, and a championship golf course. This year promises more luxurious updates. What remains intact is the Mauna Kea’s respect for its surroundings, its deep connection with Kauna’oa Beach, and its inimitable aloha spirit.
- 1TrendsArticleMeet the Woman Who Went in Search of “the Good Death”
- 2Festivals + EventsArticleThe Halloween Capital of the World Isn’t What You Think It Is
- 3ArtArticleA Look at Ai Weiwei’s Takeover of New York City’s Public Spaces
- 4PeopleArticleCoolest Travel Jobs: What It’s Like to Be a Professional Ghost Hunter
- 5Travel TipsArticle9 Destinations Where You Can Make a Difference this Holiday Season