A Local's Guide to Vienna's Leopoldstadt Neighborhood
Collected by Afar Magazine
Hatmaker Klaus Mühlbauer shows us a newly popular neighborhood where the food stalls—and bumper cars—have a history.
Karmelitermarkt 37, 1020 Wien, Austria
“The best way to describe Zimmer37 is sehr sympathisch—very congenial. The chef really takes into consideration vegetarians. Local, organic fare is the focus, and the small menu changes every day. The soups are always excellent.”...
Maria-Theresien-Platz, 1010 Wien, Austria
The Habsburgs were, generally speaking, lovers of art and many of the works of the Kunsthistorisches Museum come from their collections. While the grandiose interior alone may be reason enough to visit, the collections here are outstanding. The...
Top 4, Kirchberggasse 16, 1070 Wien, Austria
“This is a small, charming shop run by designer Arnold Haas. The hand-loomed scarves spun from alpaca wool and other accessories sold at Wubet make it great for anyone with an appreciation of fine textiles. Haas also stocks a selection of...
Seilergasse 10, 1010 Wien, Austria
“I can’t forgo the opportunity to tout my own stores, now, can I? My family has been making hats since 1903. All of our hats are made by hand. I try to respect tradition while creating modern designs. Styles range from baseball caps to...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum