A Local's Guide To Toronto
Collected by Victoria Malloy
550 Wellington St W, Toronto, ON M5V 2V4, Canada
The Thompson Hotel, Toronto, opened in 2010 as a modern, translucent glass building soaring above its low-rise, red-brick neighbors and staking a claim as a symbol of glitz and glam in the King West neighborhood. Thanks to its fashionable in-house...
432 Wellington St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1E3, Canada
Though Le Sélect could be classified as a stereotypical French bistro—with its burgundy leather studded banquettes, black and white tiles and that je ne sais quoi—its French inspired brunch is a pleasant surprise. Condo dwellers get up early to...
181 Wellington St W, Toronto, ON M5V 3G7, Canada
The Ritz-Carlton is one of many luxury hotels erected during Toronto’s construction boom of the late-2000s. The hotel is an ode to Canadiana in its subtle details: the bronze-plated maple leafs on the lobby floors and the more than 400...
1 Trinity St, Toronto, ON M5A 3C4, Canada
Staying caffeinated and warm is my agenda when I'm in Toronto. I like the cozy insides of Balzac's, especially the water front one in the popular Distillery District. They are so inviting in comparison to the brisk spring winds outside. No long...
The Distillery District, Toronto, ON M5A, Canada
488 Wellington St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1E3, Canada
I love a good story and Marben's story is no exception. Owner Simon Benstead told me that in the hometown of his parents in Ipswitch, England there are no house numbers. Thus, each house has a nickname. His parents, John and Mary, took the first...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May