A Local's Guide to St. Croix
Collected by Patrick Bennett , AFAR Ambassador
Sandy Point, St Croix 00840, USVI
Yes, this is a totally biased recommendation. Being born and raised on St. Croix, I know my heart overrules my mind when it comes to this particular beach, but so what! It's got incredibly white sand, it's wide, long, possessed of crystal clear...
2101 Company St Suite 1, Christiansted, VI 00820, USVI
Wherever your travels may take you around the world whenever you ever see anyone sporting this distinct hook bracelet, you'll know they possess a special place in their heart occupied by the island of St. Croix. There are many, many imitations and...
Whistle Beach, St Croix 00820, USVI
I love this beach. Squeeze past the Buccaneer, bypass the golf course, keep going and don't look back. Park at the end of the line, pick through the sea grapes and there it is: Shoy's. A sweet little crescent of a beach that's sure to leave a...
Frederiksted Southeast, St Croix 00840, USVI
A big part of the Caribbean experience is routine. The sun rises and sets around the same time everyday, the temperatures don't vary much from day to day, and the wind generally blows in the same direction. So it should be no wonder that routine...
St Croix 00820, USVI
One of the great things about the Caribbean is that its rich history was often written at beautiful, easily accessible locations. One of the best places to learn a bit of that history is pictured above. That’s the beach at Columbus Landing in my...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign