A Day in Sausalito
Collected by Murissa Shalapata , AFAR Local Expert
602 Murray Cir, Sausalito, CA 94965, USA
Cavallo Point is an idyllic San Francisco Bay Area destination for tourists and locals alike. It's sure to impress whether you make it a midday meeting place or a complete overnight stay. With plenty of tranquil scenery, activities and access to...
400 Gate 5 Rd, Sausalito, CA 94965, USA
Heath Ceramics was founded in 1948 by Edith Heath. Today it is one of the most lasting examples of midcentury American design. Heath is famous for its tableware collections, as well as its tile. The colors are amazing, and their bud vases make for...
Marin Headlands, California, USA
If you've never been to the Marin Headlands, you MUST go! The views are stellar, but make sure you get there early (well, early enough to get there before all the tourists!) Ht up the headlands for a nice hike and view and then drive to Bar Bocci...
557 McReynolds Rd, Sausalito, CA 94965, USA
The Discovery Museum is easily a full days outing of exploring and fun. Set against the back drop of the golden gate bridge is this wonderful museum housed in a series of small reclaimed buildings. There is a building for Art--with the ever...
Fort Cronkhite, California 94965, USA
This dog friendly hike above Rodeo Beach in Marin County is a stones throw from the city. It's a great place to unwind and the views are incredible on a clear day, and the best part is that you can get there for $2 on the 76 Muni Line!
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019