A Day in Sausalito
Collected by Murissa Shalapata , AFAR Local Expert
602 Murray Cir, Sausalito, CA 94965, USA
Cavallo Point is an idyllic San Francisco Bay Area destination for tourists and locals alike. It's sure to impress whether you make it a midday meeting place or a complete overnight stay. With plenty of tranquil scenery, activities and access to...
400 Gate 5 Rd, Sausalito, CA 94965, USA
Heath Ceramics was founded in 1948 by Edith Heath. Today it is one of the most lasting examples of midcentury American design. Heath is famous for its tableware collections, as well as its tile. The colors are amazing, and their bud vases make for...
Marin Headlands, California, USA
If you've never been to the Marin Headlands, you MUST go! The views are stellar, but make sure you get there early (well, early enough to get there before all the tourists!) Ht up the headlands for a nice hike and view and then drive to Bar Bocci...
I discovered this Marin Headlands view of the Golden Gate Bridge on one of my very first trips to San Francisco. In my three-plus years living in the Bay Area, I still haven’t found a view to top it. My favorite time to visit is just after sunset,...
557 McReynolds Rd, Sausalito, CA 94965, USA
The Discovery Museum is easily a full days outing of exploring and fun. Set against the back drop of the golden gate bridge is this wonderful museum housed in a series of small reclaimed buildings. There is a building for Art--with the ever...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May