A countryside holiday in Limousin, France
Collected by Emma John , AFAR Local Expert
Rue du Vieux Pont, 86500 Montmorillon, France
My friend Philly took us to this "Salon de The" - a welcome treat for us Brits, as French brands of tea really aren't anything like you get across the Channel. To be honest, just a nice cup of Earl Grey would have made us happy - instead we got...
18 Place du Vieux Marché, 86500 Montmorillon, France
Normally it's the wine list that intimidates me - in this bar, it was the beer list. Specialising in Belgian beers, they have several dozen to choose from, and helpfully categorised by style. So long as you can decipher the French words for...
27 Rue Jean Jaurès, 87000 Limoges, France
It was Easter, so naturally the window was full of fish. The chocolate "Poisson d'Avril" is a special delicacy for April Fools' Day in France, but to be honest these creations were so beautiful I couldn't have borne to eat one. We saw a few...
8 Rue du Temple, 87000 Limoges, France
Desperate for a cup of tea after a hard day's shopping, my three girl friends and I stumbled across this little place... and we couldn't have got it more right. While I can't vouch for how a guy meet feel about the place - it seems quite a dainty...
Place de la Cathédrale, 87000 Limoges, France
Look, you can't go to Limoges and not visit the cathedral. I mean, why would you? It's a fantastic Gothic monster of a place and just standing in it made me get shivers. Have a wander around its immense nave, check out its many side chapels, its...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico