A Baltic Road Trip
Collected by Aram Kudurshian
Helsinki to Prague: 6 countries, 9 days, and 2400 kilometers travelled.
Akademijas laukums 1, Latgale Suburb, Riga, LV-1050, Latvia
For a 360 degree birds-eye view of Riga, head to the Academy of Sciences in the former Russian quarter, Maskavas. A 1956 gift from the Soviets, for 2 lats (approx. 3) you can take a series of elevators and stairs to the 17th floor. Looking out...
Grūto k., Druskininkų r. 66441, Lithuania
Nestled in the forest near the Belarus border, Grūto Parkas contains some 85 statues from when Lithuania was under Communist rule. While many were damaged or destroyed after Lithuania gained their independence in 1991, this "graveyard" contains a...
Põhjaka mõis, Mäeküla, vald, Paide vald, 72604, Estonia
Halfway between Tallinn and Tartu, Põhjaka mõis (in English, Põhjaka manor) is a rustic manor house that serves fantastic Estonia food in a completely unassuming location. Servers were friendly, the food sourced locally, and the restaurant...
Užupis, Vilnius, Lithuania
We stumbled onto this delightful little spot while wandering the meandering streets of the old town. They have the best koldunai (delicate dumplings with fillings of meat, cheese, potato, etc.), lovingly handmade on the premises. Beautiful, light...
Doma laukums 1, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
Now that I'm back in California, I can feel nostalgic about this extremely cold trip to Latvia. Our exploration of Riga consisted of wandering during breaks in the storm, but we still managed to see a lot of the city. Don't let the snow slow you...
V Kotcích 516/15, 110 00 Praha-Staré Město, Czechia
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States