7x7 Guide to Belize: Southern Region
Sponsored by Belize
AFAR sent Ambassador Kirsten Alana on a trip of a lifetime to experience what it truly means to "Discover How To Be” across all 7 regions in Belize. Discover the Southern Region.
Hopeville 6, Punta Gorda, Belize
The pink-painted building is hard to miss. Situated on the narrow, paved road that leads into Punta Gorda and looking out at the ocean, Beya Suites is of the few places to stay in the area. Rooms are simple and clean, with balcony access if they’...
19 Main Street, Punta Gorda, Belize
We approached a lattice-fronted building from which laughter was emanating and soft light illuminated rough wooden tables. A group of young people sat around the remains of what seemed like a leisurely meal on one side of the restaurant. The other...
Moho River, Belize
The clean, gently flowing Moho River is an ideal place for kayakers of all levels to experience natural Belize and to see a different perspective of the country. An abundant animal population including turtles and iguanas and many different kinds...
Punta Gorda, Belize
Cacao is such an important product in Belize that there is now an annual Chocolate Festival taking place in Punta Gorda. Usually lasting two days, it draws businesses, artisan-chocolatiers and consumers from all over Belize. There is also a street...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Holiday Travel Required Reading: 29 New Books for Every Type of Traveler
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village