7 Outfitters for Kid-Friendly Treks
Collected by Afar Magazine
Hiking as a family is more fun when you don’t have to fuss over details or wrangle gear. These outfitters know how to run a trip that will make your kids love exploring with you. This appeared in the August/September 2015 issue.
93 Pilgrim Park Rd # 6, Waterbury, VT 05676, USA
Vermont-based CW arranges walks all over the world tailored to guests’ interests, from nature to food to history. Follow an expert guide to Icelandic volcanoes, Costa Rican rainforests, and the wild lakes of northwest England. This appeared in the...
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
The world’s most dramatic scenery is better enjoyed when every hike ends at a lodge with meals and showers. Their six-day Kathmandu Vista trip caps the hiking at 3-4 hours a day, making it doable for kids. This appeared in the August/September...
Routeburn Rd, 9372, New Zealand
Experience the magic of New Zealand's famous trekking with this kid-friendly outfitter that leads three-day treks through the mountains and forests of New Zealand’s Routeburn trail from November through April. This appeared in the August/September...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys