7 Long-Weekend Retreats for Summer
Collected by Afar Magazine
Looking for an extended getaway before summer's over? Check out these new hotels in the U.S. and the Caribbean to plan the perfect long-weekend escape.
412 Lewers St, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA
The 112-room Surfjack Hotel channels 1960’s Hawaii, with vintage upholstery on the headboards, reed ceilings, and midcentury modern furnishings. The onsite Swim Club, with its outdoor pool bar, hosts music events and movie nights....
San Carlos St & 4th Ave, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923, USA
The cottage-style Hotel Carmel takes its design inspiration from the surrounding natural beauty of Big Sur. The 27 guest rooms, some with fireplaces and courtyard-facing balconies, are decorated with a neutral color palette and images of Big Sur’s...
788 Brickell Plaza, Miami, FL 33131, USA
1 Monarch Beach Resort N, Dana Point, CA 92629, USA
After a year-long renovation, The Monarch Beach Resort (formerly known as a St. Regis) now has a fresh look to its 400 guest rooms and suites (earth tone chaise lounges; sea grass-textured wallpaper). Other additions to the property include the...
The Hamilton Princess Bermuda, known for generations as the Pink Princess, opened its doors in 1885 and today—under management by the Fairmont group since 2001—remains one of the largest and most celebrated hotels in Bermuda. Soon...
443 Brown St, Napa, CA 94559, USA
Designed by Chicago-based Gettys Group, this 17-room retreat uses a soothing cool color palette throughout the hotel—from the white and blue polka-dotted carpets to the tufted green armchairs. Breakfast is an indulgent spread of small plates...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna