5 Stunning Hot Springs Lodgings
Collected by Afar Magazine
Beautiful places around the world to sink into relaxing, therapeutic hot springs.
Bahía Dorita s/n, Cisnes, Región de Aysén del General Carlos Ibáñez del Campo, Chile
Reachable only by boat, Puyuhuapi Lodge & Spa has incredible views of virgin forest, mountains, and water. The Aysén region is one of the least accessible, less touristy areas of Chile, and it’s really worth going the extra mile. The hotel was...
Noreste de Centro de la Fortuna de San Carlos 13 Km, Provincia de Alajuela, Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica
On the west side of Arenal Volcano, this 900-acre tropical reserve was a labor of love for owner and architect Jaime Mikowski, who spent years planting acres of native plants and coaxing the land’s natural mineral springs into a river that...
Bad Blumau 100, 8283 Bad Blumau, Austria
Ecologically minded architect Friedensreich Hundertwasser designed this compound’s central spa, living roofs, and buildings topped by onion domes. A portion of your bill goes to the World Wildlife Fund. Rogner Bad Blumau, 43/(0) 33-835-1000, from...
1741ｰ42 Yawatano, Itō, Shizuoka 413-0232, Japan
THE CRISP COTTON YUKATA ROBErubs gently against my skin as I walk out of the ryokan, a traditional Japanese inn, into the brisk evening air. I cross a tiny bridge, a gentle wind tousling the peach trees and swaying the golden lanterns that light...
- 1 Tips + News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 2 Tips + News CDC Issues New Advice for International Travelers: Get 2 COVID Tests
- 3 Tech + Gear The Ultimate Guide to Black Friday and Cyber Monday Travel Deals in 2020
- 4 Tips + News Navigating the Latest Travel Restrictions Across the U.S.
- 5 Hotels The World’s First Energy-Positive Hotel Is Coming to Arctic Norway