5 Places to Shop Global Style
Collected by Afar Magazine
These five stores offer decorative home goods made by emerging talents and master artisans.
84 Balcombe Rd, Mentone VIC 3194, Australia
Last October, fashion industry veteran Sarah Shannon opened this colorful housewares store in the suburb of Mentone. Shop for Turkish rugs and kantha embroidered quilts from Australian companies such as The Family Love Tree. This appeared in the...
R. Mateus Grou, 540 - Pinheiros, São Paulo - SP, 05415-040, Brazil
Opened in June, Galeria Nacional exhibits and sells works by Brazilian designers and artists. Its eclectic collection includes baskets made in the Amazon and more conceptual pieces such as a Pinocchio-inspired “Gepeto” lamp. This appeared in the...
33 Rue Yves Saint Laurent, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
The city’s first concept store is the vision of Egyptian entrepreneur Yehia Abdelnour, a self-confessed interior design nut and global nomad who wanted to create a one-stop shop in which to showcase quality Moroccan-designed gifts, fashion,...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now