5 Places to Shop Global Style
Collected by Afar Magazine
These five stores offer decorative home goods made by emerging talents and master artisans.
84 Balcombe Rd, Mentone VIC 3194, Australia
Last October, fashion industry veteran Sarah Shannon opened this colorful housewares store in the suburb of Mentone. Shop for Turkish rugs and kantha embroidered quilts from Australian companies such as The Family Love Tree. This appeared in the...
R. Mateus Grou, 540 - Pinheiros, São Paulo - SP, 05415-040, Brazil
Opened in June, Galeria Nacional exhibits and sells works by Brazilian designers and artists. Its eclectic collection includes baskets made in the Amazon and more conceptual pieces such as a Pinocchio-inspired “Gepeto” lamp. This appeared in the...
33 Rue Yves Saint Laurent, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
The city’s first concept store is the vision of Egyptian entrepreneur Yehia Abdelnour, a self-confessed interior design nut and global nomad who wanted to create a one-stop shop in which to showcase quality Moroccan-designed gifts, fashion,...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now