Collected by Kraig Parkinson
354 Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NE, UK
Haggis is a delicious traditional Scottish meal made of various meats. Don't let the exact ingredients intimidate you, if in Scotland you must indulge. Usually it is served with a form of potato. The two places I suggest to order haggis: Amber...
376 Morningside Rd, Edinburgh EH10 5HX, UK
The deli is right down the road from Loopy Lorna’s. It’s the only place in Scotland to get the best French butter, and they sell some delicious rare cheeses. —Gaynor Salisbury 376 Morningside Rd. 44/(0) 131-447-8877. This story appeared in the...
263 Canongate, Edinburgh EH8 8BQ, UK
it is wonderful to escape the tourist tackiness in Edinburgh and so a wander into Cranachan and Crowdie on Canongate was a delight. This is a welcoming shop just a few steps from Holyrood Palace with traditional and quirky gifts as well as...
267 Canongate, Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH8 8BQ, UK
Wedgwood wouldn't feel out of place in San Francisco or Seattle. Smart and easygoing, it has a menu emphasizing local and foraged ingredients: Sea radish (salty stuff) or woodland salad leaves may accompany the chef's creations, like organic...
Edinburgh, 42 Victoria St, Edinburgh EH1 2JW, UK
A self-described "melting pot" of affordable artwork, jewelry, housewares and accessories, the Red Door Gallery might just be the perfect place to find a distinctive souvenir from your visit to the Scottish capital. Key to the shop is a selection...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles