Collected by Kraig Parkinson
354 Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NE, UK
Haggis is a delicious traditional Scottish meal made of various meats. Don't let the exact ingredients intimidate you, if in Scotland you must indulge. Usually it is served with a form of potato. The two places I suggest to order haggis: Amber...
376 Morningside Rd, Edinburgh EH10 5HX, UK
The deli is right down the road from Loopy Lorna’s. It’s the only place in Scotland to get the best French butter, and they sell some delicious rare cheeses. —Gaynor Salisbury 376 Morningside Rd. 44/(0) 131-447-8877. This story appeared in the...
263 Canongate, Edinburgh EH8 8BQ, UK
it is wonderful to escape the tourist tackiness in Edinburgh and so a wander into Cranachan and Crowdie on Canongate was a delight. This is a welcoming shop just a few steps from Holyrood Palace with traditional and quirky gifts as well as...
267 Canongate, Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH8 8BQ, UK
With this Old Town restaurant, Paul and Lisa Wedgwood aimed to create their “Perfect Night Out.” Here, guests can enjoy fine dining without the pretention, lingering at tables as long as they wish. The menu is inspired by Paul’s...
Edinburgh, 42 Victoria St, Edinburgh EH1 2JW, UK
A self-described "melting pot" of affordable artwork, jewelry, housewares and accessories, the Red Door Gallery might just be the perfect place to find a distinctive souvenir from your visit to the Scottish capital. Key to the shop is a selection...
- 1 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 2 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 3 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing
- 4 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 5 National Parks The Ideal Road Trip Through U.S. Canyon Country