5 Ways to Taste Rome's Artichoke Obsession
Collected by Afar Magazine
Where to eat carciofi alla giudia in Rome.
Via del Portico d'Ottavia, 2/A, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
The best new restaurant in the Jewish ghetto is run by brothers Amit and Ilan Dabush, from Israel. Their kosher kitchen follows Roman tradition with its preparation of carciofi alla Giudia and also serves Middle Eastern specialties such as...
Via del Portico d'Ottavia, 21/a, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
The location—smack up against the ruins of the Portico d’Ottavia, crumbling columns that framed a temple complex built by Emperor Augustus in the first century B.C.—is an inspiring setting for indulging in carciofi as well as familiar Roman pastas...
Via delle Terme Deciane, 10, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Chef Daniela del Balzo takes students along on a typical Roman day: shopping at Testaccio market, cooking in her elegant home on the Aventine hill, and sitting down to a family-style lunch, the dishes paired with local wines. Reserve in advance.
2 Impasse Lebouis, 75014 Paris, France
This tiny museum of Henri Cartier Bresson is a real gem for photography lovers in general and for Henri Cartier Bresson's fans in particular. The foundation is located in Montparnasse (it's not in a central place) and was founded by Cartier's...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local