5 Ways to Taste Rome's Artichoke Obsession
Collected by Afar Magazine
Where to eat carciofi alla giudia in Rome.
Via del Portico d'Ottavia, 2/A, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
The best new restaurant in the Jewish ghetto is run by brothers Amit and Ilan Dabush, from Israel. Their kosher kitchen follows Roman tradition with its preparation of carciofi alla Giudia and also serves Middle Eastern specialties such as...
Via del Portico d'Ottavia, 21/a, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
The location—smack up against the ruins of the Portico d’Ottavia, crumbling columns that framed a temple complex built by Emperor Augustus in the first century B.C.—is an inspiring setting for indulging in carciofi as well as familiar Roman pastas...
Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Chef Daniela del Balzo is full-immersion Roman, and she shares everything she knows at this intimate cooking school on the Aventine hill. For travelers who love Roman or even Neopolitan cooking, nothing beats a personal lesson from a local, and...
79 Rue des Archives, 75003 Paris, France
This tiny museum of Henri Cartier Bresson is a real gem for photography lovers in general and for Henri Cartier Bresson's fans in particular. The foundation is located in Montparnasse (it's not in a central place) and was founded by Cartier's...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May