4 Tastemakers on America's Best Eats
Collected by Afar Magazine
1634 Tower Grove Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
“The spirits list at Olio in St. Louis is incredible," says Ted Kilgore, bartender and owner of Planter's House, St. Louis. "The barman doesn’t get too fussy. He makes lesser-known, seasonally driven classic cocktails priced around $10 and uses a...
539 NW 13th Ave, Portland, OR 97209, USA
“Barista in Portland, Oregon, was one of the first shops in the country where you could taste coffee from a variety of roasters," says Jesse Kahn, of New York's Counter Culture Coffee. "Billy Wilson has created a culture of excellence in all of...
900 E 11th St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
"Franklin Barbecue in Austin may be the most popular barbecue joint in the world," says Daniel Vaughn, the barbecue editor for Texas Monthly. "It actually made the local news when the line was short due to crazy cold temperatures. They make my...
134 Harbor Rd, Wells, ME 04090, USA
"Fisherman's Catch is a little, kitschy spot on the marsh, off the beaten track on the way to Wells Harbor, Maine," says Clark Frasier, Chef of Arrows Restaurant in Ogunquit, Maine, and of M.C. Spiedo in Boston. "Lobsters are pulled out of the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles