4 Nomadic Lodgings We Love
Collected by Afar Magazine
From low-key yurt accommodations in New Zealand to a Masai-inspired safari camp in Tanzania.
216 Okuti Valley Rd, Okuti Valley 7591, New Zealand
A farm-style experience about an hour from Christchurch, Okuti Garden caters to travelers who love to create and play. An art box encourages crafting; “tree circles” are great for yoga and meditation; and a small lake features a boat...
Apt 23 Cortes De La Frontera, 29380 Cortes de la Frontera, Málaga, Spain
Each of these solar-powered yurts is set on its own private acre amidolive groves and cork oak forests in southern Spain. Guests choose among five styles of yurt, ranging from a traditional Mongolian structure to an Afghani yurt framed with willow...
Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena Region, Chile
Consisting of 25 domes, EcoCamp was inspired by the round houses of ancient tribes that formerly inhabited the area now known as Torres del Paine National Park. There are three categories of domes, all made from green plastic with sheer...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter