3 Traditional Helsinki Saunas
Collected by Afar Magazine
Åstorgsgatan 1, 00500 Helsingfors, Finland
At Kotiharjun, you'll find the city's only remaining traditional wood-burning sauna. An old-fashioned urban retreat favored by Helsinki locals since 1928, Kotiharjun welcomes travelers without catering specifically to them. As tradition requires,...
Kaarlenkatu 15, 00510 Helsinki, Finland
Founded in 1929 and located in the bohemian Kallio section of Helsinki, Arla offers drinks, snacks, and the traditional Finnish healing technique knowing as "cupping." The tiled sauna rooms feel far more traditional than fancy, with casual and...
Hämeentie 63, 00550 Helsinki, Finland
Dating from the early 1950s, Hermanni has deliberately retained mid-century-modern look and offers two wood-paneeld and tiled sauna rooms: one accomodating about 30 men, the other approximately 20 women. You can order soft drinks and snack plates...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos