2016 Chiapas Family Trip
Collected by Richard Schmidt
Favio Abelardo Paniagua 54, Barrio de Guadalupe, 29230 San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chis., Mexico
Taller Lenateros is a small workshop employing about twenty people full time. They make paper with new and recycled fibers, flowers and natural dyes, and even use recycled broken CDs embedded in paper for shiny book covers. They print blank books,...
40, Monterrey, Plan de Ayala Ampliación Sur, 29020 Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas, Mexico
There are fewer thing in life better than a hot, fresh tortilla! While visiting the village of Zinacantan, just outside of San Cristobal, we got to enjoy a family lunch with these women who are the leaders in local Zinacantan fashion. Check out...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights