Collected by Hester Joubert
Av. de Sant Francesc, 6, 17001 Girona, Spain
A short distance north of Barcelona is one of the most magical places we've found. Walking through the streets of Girona makes you feel like you've stepped back in to medieval times. The rough, uneven stone walls tower above you. You can feel as...
Plaça de la Catedral, s/n, 17004 Girona, Spain
Gothic, Romanesque and Baroque elements mix in this beautiful, if architecturally confused cathedral constructed between the 11th and 18th centuries. After climbing a fair number of stairs to even get in the door, don't miss the cathedral's claim...
Grup Torre Gironella, 102, 17004 Girona, Spain
It is best to take this route from the northern-most tip of the wall. This way you've had the time to enjoy the old Jewish quarters already, and would have enough time to hike the 2-km stretch back to the center. Make sure to take all circular...
17320 Tossa de Mar, Girona, Spain
Tossa de Mar, along the Costa Brava, is just under two hours away from Barcelona by bus, but it feels worlds away. Even on an overcast evening, the quaint little town still manages to shine. Hotel Cap d'Or, on the edge of the main strip, is a...
Carrer Dues Palmeres, 25, 17230 Palamós, Girona, Spain
La Fosca is one of the most popular beaches around Palamós. It’s a five-minute drive or a 20-minute walk north of the town's marina. The sandy interior of the cove is divided by a rocky promontory in the middle, while the ruins of the Castle of...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles