Collected by Hester Joubert
Carrer Nou, 3, 5, 17001 Girona, Spain
A short distance north of Barcelona is one of the most magical places we've found. Walking through the streets of Girona makes you feel like you've stepped back in to medieval times. The rough, uneven stone walls tower above you. You can feel as...
Plaça de la Catedral, s/n, 17004 Girona, Spain
Gothic, Romanesque and Baroque elements mix in this beautiful, if architecturally confused cathedral constructed between the 11th and 18th centuries. After climbing a fair number of stairs to even get in the door, don't miss the cathedral's claim...
17320 Tossa de Mar, Girona, Spain
Tossa de Mar, along the Costa Brava, is just under two hours away from Barcelona by bus, but it feels worlds away. Even on an overcast evening, the quaint little town still manages to shine. Hotel Cap d'Or, on the edge of the main strip, is a...
Carrer Dues Palmeres, 25, 17230 Palamós, Girona, Spain
La Fosca is one of the most popular beaches around Palamós. It’s a five-minute drive or a 20-minute walk north of the town's marina. The sandy interior of the cove is divided by a rocky promontory in the middle, while the ruins of the Castle of...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May