Collected by Paula McMahon
Florence, Metropolitan City of Florence, Italy
"La Faentina", a relic of an older Italy, still connects Florence with Faenza and reveals lesser known places to those, who like to travel in a less - conventional way. It was established way back in 1839 by Grand Duke Leopold from Tuscany to...
Piazza di San Giovanni, 19/R, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
This café is the embodiment of tradition and style, equivalent to Gamberini in Bologna. The classy wood boarding, beautiful decoration, and staff in traditional dress transport you back to the old days. You have to pay first at the cashier (which...
Piazza della Signoria, 10, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
This is the only Gucci museum in the world. The company was founded in Florence in 1921, and different floors of the museum take you back through its history and designs. There are sections on clothes, shoes, luggage, and more. The museum is...
Piazza del Duomo, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
The olive tree exhibit in front of the Duomo. Florence Culture & Heritage Week takes place in November every 2 years. For 10 days, there are exhibitions, food festivals, speakers & events throughout the city. Most are free to attend.
Localita' S. Antimo, 222, 53024 Castelnuovo dell'Abate SI, Italy
The Abbey of Sant' Antimo is outside the Tuscan city of Montalcino. Almost gave up trying to find it but when we arrived at this beautiful Romanesque abbey standing in all its solitary splendour we were glad we'd persisted. The abbey is a...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys