2011 We Give Books project in Peru
Collected by Learning AFAR
Santa Isabel, Peru
With funding and help from the Pearson Foundation and their We Give Books Campaign, 10 Curie Metropolitan High School students (from Chicago) and 3 educators built a reading center for a small community along the Amazon River. The school was in...
#10, St.450, Phnom Penh 12000, Cambodia
This summer, with funding from the US State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs Youth Programs Division, 29 students and 5 educators from all over the U.S. traveled around rural Cambodia from June 13th - July 1st, 2011. One of the...
#277HEo, St Sisowat, Sangkat Phsar Kandal I, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh 12204, Cambodia
This summer, Keen generously donated hiking boots for all of our 80 Learning AFAR students! Typically, our students come from urban areas, and these trips offer their first experiences in nature. The majority of our students have never been hiking...
Heredia Province, Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui, Costa Rica
This summer, 10 students from Coliseum College Prep Academy (in Oakland, CA) went on a 10 day trip to Costa Rica. Students studied conservation and sustainable development, explored the cloud forests, ziplined through the jungle, experienced Costa...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles