2011 We Give Books project in Peru
Collected by Learning AFAR
Santa Isabel, Peru
With funding and help from the Pearson Foundation and their We Give Books Campaign, 10 Curie Metropolitan High School students (from Chicago) and 3 educators built a reading center for a small community along the Amazon River. The school was in...
#10, St.450, Phnom Penh 12000, Cambodia
This summer, with funding from the US State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs Youth Programs Division, 29 students and 5 educators from all over the U.S. traveled around rural Cambodia from June 13th - July 1st, 2011. One of the...
#277HEo, St Sisowat, Sangkat Phsar Kandal I, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh 12204, Cambodia
This summer, Keen generously donated hiking boots for all of our 80 Learning AFAR students! Typically, our students come from urban areas, and these trips offer their first experiences in nature. The majority of our students have never been hiking...
Heredia Province, Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui, Costa Rica
This summer, 10 students from Coliseum College Prep Academy (in Oakland, CA) went on a 10 day trip to Costa Rica. Students studied conservation and sustainable development, explored the cloud forests, ziplined through the jungle, experienced Costa...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now