17-Hours in Stockholm
Collected by Sara Lieberman , AFAR Contributor
Nytorgsgatan 38, 116 40 Stockholm, Sweden
To take a break, or to fika, is an integral part of Swedish culture, and many locals escape to cafés at least once a day. The word fika was once slang for kaffi (coffee). But fika is more than a cup of joe. The ritual often involves pastries, or...
Nytorgsgatan 27, 116 40 Stockholm, Sweden
You may be surprised to learn that even in the cold of winter they do sunny, California-style, surf-inspired retail quite well in Stockholm. (Perhaps it is because they do all retail very well in Stockholm or because the balance of the population...
Blekingegatan 40, 116 62 Stockholm, Sweden
After a few hours of investigating the fictionalized haunts of Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomvkist through Södermalm’s dark alleys, one can work up quite a hunger, and the iconic Restaurant Pelikan is a good place to refuel with hearty Swedish...
Blasieholmsgatan 4A, 111 48 Stockholm, Sweden
I had the pleasure of visiting Stockholm twice this summer for business. On both trips, I could not get enough of this restaurant, B.A.R., near the Grand Hotel. Despite its location in the middle of tourist central, this is a gem that is quite...
Lilla Nygatan 5, 111 28 Stockholm, Sweden
See our full list of Where to Go in 2015. Vegetarians beware. Literally translating to “The Animal," here you can dine on innovative two-week rotating meat-centric menus. Djuret, a cozy bistro tucked along one of Gamla stan’s cobblestone streets,...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum