12 Reasons We Love Kenya
Collected by Harriet Constable, AFAR Local Expert
From the golden plains of the Masai Mara to the arid, desert tracks of Samburu and the boggy, hippo-filled waters of Lake Naivasha, Kenya is packed full of things to love. Here are 12 of our favorites, including afternoon tea with giraffes, beautiful Kilifi on the Kenyan coast, and the knuckle-like Ngong Hills.
In what is considered one of the earth's greatest spectacles, over a million wildebeest make their way from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya in search of lusher grasslands. The great migration is a very good reason to visit the...
Gogo Falls Road, Nairobi, Kenya
Families would be hard-pressed to find a more memorable place to stay than Giraffe Manor. Located in the leafy suburb of Langata, about a 30-minute drive from central Nairobi, the 1932 family home of a former candy baron was modeled on a Scottish...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter