- 1 / 6Where to Stay to Escape (or, Embrace) El NiñoThe infamous weather pattern may get a bad rap for its gloomy storms, but there's some good to come from El Niño as well. Hotels all over California (and one in Colorado!) are offering special discounts, deals, and packages to help you celebrate or flee from the weather this winter and spring.Photo courtesy Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
- 2 / 6Quail Lodge & Golf ClubQuail Lodge's "Escape El Niño" package gives you a discount on a room that begs you to cuddle up and never leave. Tucked in the rolling hills of Carmel Valley, Quail Lodge allows easy access to golf links, wine tastings, and nature hikes. In preparation for rainy days, "Escape El Niño" rooms include cozy king-sized beds and fireplaces. Bonus: all rooms are pet-friendly. From $185.Photo courtesy of Quail Lodge
- 3 / 6Hotel TellurideEl Niño doesn't just mean rain. Ski resorts, like Hotel Telluride in Telluride, Colorado, are embracing Niño's powder-giving powers with special ski and stay packages that go beyond room discounts (though you'll get those, too). Hotel Telluride's "El Niño Ski and Stay" package includes breakfast, lift tickets, and spa services, so you're covered on the slopes and off. From $369.Photo courtesy Hotel Telluride
- 4 / 6Resort at Squaw CreekLake Tahoe's Resort at Squaw Creek is offering its own version of the El Niño discount, with room prices slashed as much as 30% from now till spring. From $150.Photo courtesy Resort at Squaw Creek
- 5 / 6Ojai Valley Inn & SpaOjai Valley Inn & Spa is just 90 minutes out of Los Angeles, but it might as well be a world away. This resort is made for relaxation. With two seperate El Niño-themed packages, Ojai Valley Inn shows that it's all about options. Book the "Romancing El Niño" for a weekend in with your sweetheart, complete with fireplace-equipped room, a cocktail mixology kit, plenty of complimentary films to choose from, a candlelit in-room dinner, and day access for two to the Ojai Spa. Or, bring the whole family. With the "Me, You & El Niño Too" package, the kids enjoy an in-room popcorn and hot cocoa bar while the parents relax with a bottle handpicked by the resort's sommelier, jokingly called the "sanity saver." From $449.Photo courtesy Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
- 6 / 6Shutters on the BeachWhen in rains in L.A., even a drizzle seems like a pour. Santa Monica's Shutters on the Beach has responded with their "Keep Calm & Cuddle" package, a luxurious, L.A.-style take on the usual rainy day essentials complete with complimentary oversized cashmere scarves, buttered rum coffee, and novels like Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea to cozy up with. For true-to-the-core relaxation, read while soaking in you room's whirlpool bathtub and taking in views of the (possibly dark and stormy) Pacific Ocean. From $1,070.
>>Next: How to Relax in 5 of the World's Rowdiest CitiesPhoto courtesy of Shutters on the Beach