- 1 / 15Cheese at Loews Minneapolis Hotel (Minneapolis, MN)If there’s one thing you have to try when visiting the Midwest, it’s cheese—and at the Loews Minneapolis Hotel, you don’t even have to leave your room to get a taste. As part of the hotel’s endeavor to honor Midwestern flavors, Chef Timothy Fischer curates a cheese amenity from local artisans.
Plan Your Trip: MinneapolisCourtesy of Loews Minneapolis Hotel
- 2 / 15Bedtime Stories at The InterContinental The Clement Monterey (Monterey, CA)At The InterContinental The Clement Monterey, bedtime stories aren’t just for kids. For guests at this luxury waterfront property, the nightly turndown service comes with a slice of entertainment—and local history. A series of take-home stories are available on a rotating basis as part of the “Sweet Dreams: Goodnight Monterey” series, which focus on historical tales of Cannery Row, plus Clement Chen III and other influential people in places at and around the hotel.
Plan Your Trip: MontereyCourtesy of The InterContinental The Clement Monterey
- 3 / 15Salvatore Ferragamo Soul Bath Products at Lungarno Collection (Florence and Rome, Italy)Guests of the Portrait Firenze and Portrait Roma hotels, part of the Ferragamo family’s Lungarno Collection, are treated to a true slice of Italian style—even before arriving on property. Prior to check-in, guests fill out a survey of preferences, including a choice of turndown amenity from the Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Soul Bath collection. Options include face cream, lip balm, body lotion, and a cleansing towel.
Plan Your Trip: ItalyCourtesy of Lungarno Collection
- 4 / 15Flower Seeds at Loews Regency San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)“If you’re going to San Francisco/Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair…”
Scott McKenzie may have captured the spirit of San Francisco’s hippie culture, but we’d change that second line to reflect the city’s official flower: the dahlia. We think the Loews Regency San Francisco would agree—after all, it celebrates this local flower by incorporating a pouch of dahlia seeds into its turndown service.
Plan Your Trip: San FranciscoCourtesy of Loews Regency San Francisco
- 5 / 15Cookies and Milk at Omni Mount Washington Resort (Bretton Woods, NH)For kiddos age 4-12, the first night at Omni Mount Washington Resort ends on a sweet note. Before bed, the hotel will deliver a serving of milk and cookies to make sure the littlest members of your party feel at home at the mountain resort.
Plan Your Trip: New HampshireOmni Mount Washington Resort
- 6 / 15Macarons at The Mark (New York City, NY)Everything at The Mark, from the historic building to the onsite restaurant from celebrity chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, offers guests true five-star treatment—even the turndown amenity. The Madison Avenue hotel leaves a small box of Ladurée macarons bedside on the night of arrival.
Plan Your Trip: New York CityCourtesy of The Mark
- 7 / 15Nightly Refresh at JW Marriott Marquis Miami (Miami, FL)First debuted in 2013, the Nightly Refresh turndown program at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami focuses on leaving guests feeling ready not only to hit the pillow, but also to wake up rested for another day of vacation. The rotating amenities, which change nightly, include essential oils, a Dream Bar designed exclusively for the JW Marriott properties, and Astor Chocolates.
Plan Your Trip: MiamiCourtesy of JW Marriott Marquis Miami
- 8 / 15Handwritten Note at Le Quartier Francais (Franschhoek, South Africa)Many hotels hope to become guests’ “home away from home,” but few emphasize personalized hospitality quite like Le Quartier Francais. Guests of this South Africa property are welcomed—and sent off to bed each night—with a handwritten Post-it note offering kind words tacked to the bathroom mirror. Whether it’s “sweet dreams” or “happy birthday,” the extra effort makes guests feel special.
Plan Your Trip: South AfricaCourtesy of Le Quartier Francais
- 9 / 15Branded Water Bottle at The Nantucket Hotel & Resort (Nantucket, MA)Located in the heart of this classic New England island getaway, The Nantucket Hotel & Resort offers visitors an ideal balance of luxury amenities and town access. To encourage guests to explore the idyllic seaside destination, the hotel provides branded water bottles as the turndown amenity on the first night of stay; guests can use them to stay hydrated while strolling through town or sunning at the beach and then bring home as a souvenir.
Plan Your Trip: NantucketCourtesy of The Nantucket Hotel & Resort
- 10 / 15Nostalgia at Washington School House (Park City, Utah)To pay homage to this boutique hotel’s roots as an original American schoolhouse, Washington School House offers guests the option of choosing to receive nostalgia-themed turndown amenities each night (alternatively, guests can opt for a nightly selection of pastries baked on site). Whether you receive doodle notebooks, a letter writing kit, pencil box, pencil bag, or crystal crayons, the nightly gift is sure to help guests recapture the fun of being a kid.
Plan Your Trip: Park CityCourtesy of Washington School House
- 11 / 15Wooden Shoe Box at Craddock Terry Hotel (Lynchburg, VA)As a nod to the property’s original use as a shoe factory and in theme with the hotel’s shoe-themed decor, the Craddock Terry Hotel’s turndown amenity is an old-fashioned wooden shoe-shine box. In addition to functioning as a unique souvenir and piece of the historical hotel, guests should also set it out in front of the door in the evenings; boxes set out will be filled and returned with complimentary morning breakfast.
Plan Your Trip: Lynchburg, VirginiaCourtesy of Craddock Terry Hotel
- 12 / 15Bookmarks at The Betsy-South Beach (Miami, FL)There are a lot of things to love about Miami’s 4-diamond boutique hotel The Betsy-South Beach, but the property’s PACE (philanthropy, arts, culture, education) program is definitely near the top of that list. The hotel’s nightly turndown amenity is evocative of its community-oriented initiative: bookmarks made of recycled paper and wildflower seeds, bearing poems of American poet and Pulitzer Prize finalist Hyam Plutzik. The bookmarks can also be planted and watered to grow into wildflowers.
Plan Your Trip: MiamiCourtesy The Betsy-South Beach
- 13 / 15Recipes at Esperanza, An Auberge Resort (Cabo San Lucas, Mexico)At the five-star Esperanza, An Auberge Resort in Cabo, the turndown service includes the lighting of candles and lanterns across the guest room and terrace, as well as daily recipe cards. Each recipe reflects a traditional Mexican dish, enouraging guests to take a bit of Esperanza back to their home kitchens.
Plan Your Trip: Cabo San LucasCourtesy of Esperanza, An Auberge Resort
- 14 / 15Calistoga Ranch (Napa Valley, CA)In keeping with the spirit of the eco-friendly, five-star Calistoga Ranch, the nightly turndown amenity offers guests an extension of the natural beauty found outside the hotel’s walls. The service includes calming music, water in Napa Valley-made pottery, and one of three gifts: a Calistoga Ranch lavender sachet, custom essential oil of eucalyptus and bay leaf, or jelly beans from a local factory. The lavender, picked from the property’s gardens, is especially popular with guests.
Plan Your Trip: CalistogaCourtesy of Calistoga Ranch
- 15 / 15