- 1 / 12Gobble Up These Thanksgiving-Inspired SandwichesWhile Thanksgiving dinner might be the most highly anticipated meal of the year, leftovers lunch the day after comes in a close second. Because when else can you put gravy and mashed potatoes on a slice of bread and call it a meal? But if waiting 365 days for another round of turkey and carb-centric indulgence sounds unfathomable to you, fear not. At these 10 spots, chefs are serving up seasonally themed leftovers, all year round.
Courtesy of Georgetown Events
- 2 / 12Burgers N’ Brews (Los Angeles, CA)Like any good leftovers sandwich, the Thanksgiving Burger at Burgers N’ Brews has a lengthy and decadent list of toppings. Here, they top an all-natural turkey patty with sweet potato hash browns, sage-scented stuffing, and cranberry-apple dressing, then smother it in a smooth turkey gravy.
Plan Your Trip: Los Angeles
Photo by @ambiggity
- 3 / 12La Maison du Croque Monsieur (New York City)Thanksgiving sandwiches don’t always have to be a messy, towering affair. At La Maison du Croque Monsieur, roasted turkey, sage leaves, cranberry sauce, and provolone cheese are pressed between slices of fresh artisanal bread for an elegant (and deliciously crispy) experience.
Plan Your Trip: New York CityPhoto by Evan Sung
- 4 / 12Cornish Pasty Co. (Las Vegas, NV)The chefs at Cornish Pasty Co. elevated the portability of Thanksgiving leftovers when they dreamt up The Pilgrim. In this “Premium Pasty” creation, a traditional shortcrust pastry envelopes a filling of roasted turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, and grilled onions and is served with sides of gravy and cranberry sauce for dipping.
Plan Your Trip: Las VegasCourtesy of Cornish Pasty Co.
- 5 / 12Provisions (Nantucket, MA)Locals and tourists alike visit this island spot specifically for the Turkey Terrific, which consists of thinly sliced smoked turkey, herb-dotted stuffing, and cranberry relish on Portuguese bread. Be warned, however: Provisions is only open for business during Nantucket’s high season (May through Columbus Day).
Plan Your Trip: Nantucket
Photo by @whatscookinggoodlookingg
- 6 / 12Bite (San Francisco, CA)The Day After Thanksgiving Sandwich at this much-loved neighborhood spot is not much more than a really good deli sandwich with a smear of cranberry sauce. But when that really good deli sandwich involves roasted turkey, provolone cheese, a fresh french roll, and all of the fixings, what’s not to love?
Plan Your Trip: San Francisco
Photo by @mike_majour
- 7 / 12S&B Burgers (Oklahoma City, OK)At all locations of this Oklahoma burger joint, the Thanksgiving smothered fries are a serious sweet-tooth pleaser. Here, a basket of crispy sweet potato fries is covered in—what else?— gooey marshmallow fluff, dried cranberries, and toasted pecans.
Plan Your Trip: Oklahoma CityCourtesy of S&B Burger Joint
- 8 / 12The Cinnamon Snail (New York City)Vegetarians and vegans, this one’s for you. Despite Thanksgiving’s reputation as being a poultry-centric holiday, the folks at the Cinnamon Snail in NYC have created an immensely satisfying sandwich that could convert even the most skeptical omnivore. On their Thanksgiving Sandoo, a mushroom, seitan, and parsnip bread pudding is accompanied by marinated kale, sweet cranberry relish, and a creamy garlic aioli.
Plan Your Trip: New York City
Photo by @cinnamonsnail
- 9 / 12Now Make Me A Sandwich (Seattle, WA)This roaming Seattle food truck serves up a sandwich that generally requires a nap post-consumption. The grilled Telera roll that holds the Thanksgetting comes filled with roasted turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, several slices of crispy bacon, and a slather of rosemary aioli.
Plan Your Trip: SeattleCourtesy of Now Make Me A Sandwich
- 10 / 12Jetties (Washington, D.C.)Ask anyone who lives or works in Northwest D.C. about Jetties, and chances are you’ll hear about the Nobadeer. It’s just that good. And though its fillings remain deliciously traditional (thick slices of roasted turkey, a healthy serving of stuffing, tangy cranberry sauce, and a smear of mayo), Jetties crams it all between two slices of sourdough for an added punch of flavor.
Plan Your Trip: Washington, D.C.Courtesy of Georgetown Events
- 11 / 12Republic of Sandwich (Austin, TX)It’s the only item on this list that’s not available year-round (aside from the Turkey Terrific in Nantucket), but the T.E.D. (Thanksgiving Every Day) sandwich served at this Austin hot spot is so good it practically required mentioning. Here, chefs pay homage to the holiday by heaping roasted turkey, jalapeno cornbread stuffing, and sweet potato fries inside a fresh roll, and topping it all off with a drizzle of citrus cranberry sauce.
Plan Your Trip: AustinCourtesy of Republic of Sandwich
- 12 / 12