One of Vienna’s newest attractions is three centuries old. The Winter Palace of Prince Eugene of Savoy was built from 1695 to 1724, acquired by Empress Maria Theresa in 1738, and later housed a number of different government offices—most recently, the Ministry of Finance. In 2013, the palace opened to the public again following a meticulous restoration. It now houses exhibitions designed to encourage a dialogue across the centuries, with works by contemporary masters set in the gilded Baroque settings. The palace’s original owner, famous as a cosmopolitan and cultured patron of the arts as well as a military commander and diplomat, would surely be pleased with the current incarnation of his palace.