Have you been here? Share a tip or a photo with fellow travelers.
Describe what it's like and why travelers should come here. You can also add a photo.
Must visit patisseries in Vienna
I've visited Vienna last month and decided to give some pastry advice to all of you planning to visit this beautiful city. I love eating cake(s), so it was only natural for me to spend a whole day touring Vienna's best patisseries, and go from one place to another. Here is my top five list of Vienna's best patisserie's.
1) Simply Raw Bakery was my ultimate favorite. It has a beautiful interior and has one of the most delicious pastries I have tried in Vienna.
2) Cafe Sacher is, obviously, a place you don't want to miss if you are in Vienna. Located in the beautiful Hotel Sacher it serves famous and original Sacher-Torte, made by the original recipe, which is a well kept secret.
3) Konditorei Heiner is a very nice, traditionally shaped and decorated pastry shop. I wholeheartedly recommend their Gänsefusstorte cake!
4) Demel shop. Apart from being a pastry shop, Demel is a chocolaterie as well. You can even watch confectioners work through a glass wall, which is a lot of fun!
5) Kurkonditorei Oberlaa. Make sure not to miss Oberlaa, nor their Oberlaa "Kurbad" Cake. They also have delicious confectionaries packed in the cutest boxes.