St. Nicholas Chapel
Ilfracombe EX34 9EQ, UK
St. Nicholas ChapelTake the steep path from the aquarium side of Ilfracombe Harbor to see one of the oldest working lighthouses in England. Originally a waterside place of worship for harbor workers and locals, the chapel became a lighthouse after Henry VIII dissolved Britain’s monasteries in 1540. Some small exhibits are on display inside the chapel, but take this walk even when the chapel is closed for unbeatable views across the harbor and the town.