Punta Cana, Domincan Republic
Macao, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic
Dune buggy Punta Cana!The half day dune buggy tour (i booked through viator.com) was the highlight. Though the resort is nice, I was going stir crazy. I HIGHLY recommend doing this!
Other things to note:
- All-inclusive is pretty much the only option here. If food is a big part of your travel experience Punta Cana will disappoint you - be forewarned....
- AMEN for bug wipes and sunglasses (though not intense in November the sunlight is oddly bright white)!
- Be prepared to pay $10 pp entry fee at the airport. Our resort was a 40 min. drive and I assume all the others are the same in that you are locked in. There's no where else to go walking distance (hence the all-inclusive).
- The people are friendly and love to sing but hardly speak English (in fact I was amazed at how many non-english speaking tourists there were also!). Our resort, casino, market etc used american dollars though. And hotel itself was very kid friendly.
- The beach sand rivals Destin's (#1 on my beach list) but riptide was too strong for me to enjoy the ocean.
Lastly, when departing, getting to the airport and airport itself is MADDENING. I very strongly recommend you use a taxi instead of bus transport (we reserved 3 hours in advance and still barely made it).