Our Lord in the Attic Museum
38HS Oudezijds Voorburgwal
Our Lord in the Attic MuseumThe Museum Ons’ Lieve Heer op Solder, or Our Lord in the Attic, was one of the city’s secret Catholic churches from the era when the religion was banned after the Protestant Reformation, starting in 1578. The church was built on the top floor of a 17th-century canal house during the 1660s. It became a museum in 1888 after the ban was lifted and local Catholics could worship openly at the new Basilica of St. Nicholas.