Of all the historic buildings in Dunedin, the Olveston house is one of the crown jewels. It was donated to the city by the Theomin family, who lived here from 1906 to 1966. The house is decorated in grand Edwardian style, with a museum's worth of artworks and furnishings. Theomin family members were active in the Jewish community and kept a kosher kitchen; the dining table is set for Shabbat dinner. After the hour-long guided tour of the house, allow time to enjoy the gardens and see the family car, a 1921 Fiat, in the garage.