Greece, Ionian island, Cephalonia, Argostoli, St. Theodoron Lighhouse. RM
Philippe Michel/© Philippe Michel
The Lighthouse of Saint Theodoroi is located on a manmade peninsula just beyond Argostóli’s harbor. The simple Doric architectural style has a striking circular design, with 20 columns and a 26-foot high tower. It was first built in 1828 under British rule but destroyed by earthquake and later rebuilt to the original design. The Lighthouse of Saint Theodoroi is still working today and makes for a romantic highlight when lit up in the evening.